senior design…senior design….senior sign….senior siii…..senior slliiiii….senior sllliiiiidddddeeeee…..down an engine….whoops….hope we get some parts.
I got a new truck last week….welll yesterday if you count when I paid for it and picked it up even though it was sitting in my name at the dealership with a couple bucks down.
It’s a 2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew with a 6.5ft bed. Emily and I first decided this would be the truck we should get, a “dream truck,” since a jeep isn’t quite functional for the 2 of us and our trips with Java. After a while we discovered: DANG a supercrew with a 6.5ft bed with 100k miles or less is SUPER expensive for college students, even if we’re getting paid to go to school….But we ran across a super good deal. So it’s pretty neat.
Anywho, I drove the truck around alone today to the store because I was at home sick all day and I got bored, so I went and got Emily coffee while she was at work then just went straight home and waited for her to get off work. It was a weird feeling to drive such a large truck so much different than anything I’ve ever driven of my own before, Here’s all why:
1) IT HAS A SUNROOF!?!? I had one of these when I used my parents subaru for 3months, it was awesome, I loved it…I missed that, sunroofs are nice and everyone should have them…So that was fun again..
2) IT HAS SOO MUCH POWER?!? With the hefty 5.4L V8 with a cold air intake it is nice to feel like you’re barely hitting the gas pedal for once to get anywhere, however it burns way more gas so that’s sad…But still, I don’t need to almost floor it to get anywhere, it’s all so smooth…I really liked that
3) WHERE’S MY SHIFTER!?!? I was really sad when I was driving around without a 5spd manual transmission anymore. I realized a manual is fun for a bachelor with no one in the car or to show your buddies, but as you grow up you realize, it’s nice to use the manual when you’re alone and out for a drive, but it just gets you used to having too much control, so the surprises of an automatic were interesting…I miss my Subaru
4) IT COSTS SOO MUCH!?!? If I did simple budget analysis I could have bought not 3, not 4, but 5.75 of my subarus, which would have yielded me about 3 actual subarus for the number of issues I would have run into. SO I hope it becomes very worth it on all of our awesome adventures together over the next lots of years
5) IT STILL COSTS ALOT!? I plan to buy our next car with straight cash, even if my loan is less than half of what I paid for the car….the hassel it’s so big…so here’s to that!
6) HEY!! SHE’S A NICE TRUCK…bittersweet is all I have to say
7) I AM EXCITED TO TAKE THIS TRUCK TO ALASKA ON OUR HONEYMOON WITH WHAT WILL THEN BE MY AWESOME WIFE!!!….still waiting for her to be my wife until August 2nd though…so patience is key…
8) Happy Birthday, Easter, Graduation, Wedding Gift, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New years, Birthday, Easter, Thanksgiving Christmas to me and Emily Truck!
Thought I should let all my few Tumblr Followers know I am engaged to my beautiful fiance theglintinmyeye.
She got me onto tumblr…. It’s kind of an addiction…
I am excited and blessed to have the opportunity to spend the rest of my life with such an encouraging woman. I cannot even thank God enough for putting her into my life. I know he has great plans for the two of us, whatever they are.
Every moment I spend with her makes me love her just a little more, and with her by my side there will be very few dull moments!
I do not know what the future holds, nor will I speculate, but I know one thing for sure, with our love we can accomplish any obstacle or problem that is ever thrown in our way. As the lord says, “I have plans for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” I am excited for this new future he has in store for us.
Again…I’m really excited to be marrying the girl that I adore.
I can’t understand how I’ve been so blessed…
I still can’t get over how awesome she is….
Stay tuned folks…
so many uses
So many puns on this spoiler. Dinner tray anyone?
Australia sure is serious about their education…
Via For the love of Subaru and all things beautiful
today my car jumped at another car, Darn ND cold weather ruining my power steering. Anywhooo, lets hope it’s totaled so I can keep it just for having fun….Finally a for fun car if so…Then I’ll have a suba-whoooooo
side note (it would only be totaled because it’s so darn old, so it’s not worth much anyway.)
It’s 4am and I think I finished up a project. What’s not so nice about this time is the decision of sleep or not to sleep. I have class at 10am, so still not much sleep. Also, I want all my electronics to show up so I can start building our UAV!!! I want all the flying things to take random pictures!!!!